Sunday, May 12, 2013

Thanks

It’s Mother’s day, which means I’m writing this post for my mom.

Mom,
             Thank you for loving me no matter what. Thank you for loving me despite my anxieties and my depressions. Despite my mood swings and the days when I just don’t know what to do with myself, you’re    always there for me.
You make me laugh when I feel bad, and that’s a pretty big accomplishment. Honestly, you’re my best friend. You don’t judge me like everyone else around here does. You love me for who I am, and I cannot express how much that means to me.
A few nights ago when you were talking to Nate and I in the kitchen, you told us that if either of us were gay, you would love us the very same. How lucky I am to have a parent who understands what it means to love someone unconditionally. It makes me so sad to think of all of the children who are homosexual and have parents who are not supportive.
You raised me to be independent and to love myself regardless of what people say. You taught me that it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks or says as long as I love my own choices. Life is too short to be defined by what others think.
I am so lucky to have a mom who taught me how to think for myself. I’m definitely a free spirit. I’m an old soul. You understand those parts of me. You understand that I question everything and you respect me for that.
I truly hope that I’ve made you happy and proud throughout all of the seventeen years that I’ve been alive. Thank you for bringing me into this world, no matter how much it sucks to be a citizen of this planet sometimes. I know that I’m here to make a change for the better, and so I suppose that I can put up with all of the idiots that try to get in my way.

Peace, love, and having a mom who rocks,
                                                                                        Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment