Friday, November 11, 2011

A quote that never fails to inspire me.

 I found a quote the other day that really made me happy.
I love writing stories, writing songs, pretty much writing anything. I have ever since I learned to write. Because that's part of me. All of the characters that live inside my brain all day, all of the lyrics that buzz around until I give in and write them down, they're part of what makes me who I am. Could it be part insanity? Of course it can. But then, most great authors, poet, and musicians have been mad. That didn't stop them from doing what they loved.
What scares me most about loving to write, loving to just create, is not living up to my own expectations. Not creating the ideal story that gets across every theme that I intended. When people read or hear what I write, I hope they feel what I feel when I write it. I hope they see all of the same things as I did when I wrote it. Which is why I was really inspired by this quote.

"If you find yourself asking yourself, 'Am I really a writer?
Am I really an artist?' Chances are, you are.
The counterfeit innovator is wildly self confident.
The real one is scared to death." Steven Pressfield- The War of Art 

And that is why it really inspired me. Because it's the truth. All this time I've been thinking to myself, If I can't finish a novel because I'm too scared of messing up, why do I keep trying? Why do I love something so much if I can never accomplish it? But when I read that quote, I felt good about myself. I had confidence in myself for once. I am a writer. I will write something that moves people. Those words are my new mantra.

~Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment