Monday, February 13, 2012

Anger Towards Ignorance

I'm very sorry that I haven't had time to blog in the past few days, there has been so much going on!
Before I get into the actual post, I'd like to share with all of you a few things that are happening in my life right now.

  1. My first post as a Teen Columnist was published on Miss Unlimited last Friday! *Happy cheers*
    You can click the link to check it out! You Don't Have to Have a Boyfriend
  2. The title of my blog post is very ironic due to certain things that I will tell you about later :) Possibly...
  3. Tomorrow night, I'm playing at a cafe as part of some sort of songwriter/singer competition thing. I'm pretty nervous, but I'm really excited! 
  4. Once again, I'll be single on Valentine's day. But fear not! I'm totally cool with it :) (even though, admittedly, a boyfriend would be nice to have sometimes). 
  5. This Friday is going to be really fun considering that--eh, just re read number 2. And ponder it, good readers! Nah, just kidding, don't get your hopes up. 
Okay, now on to the actual post.
Most of you have heard about the two boys who were brutally murdered by their father not too long ago.
You may have also heard about their funeral being protested by the same people who protest soldier's funerals. Their reasoning? They thought that the reason the boys had been murdered had to do with Washington state legalizing same sex marriage. Now, there are all kinds of things I would love to say about these ludicrous, moronic protesters, but my message in this blog has always had to do with acceptance and peace.
It's these people right here that call themselves Christians. I'm sorry, but if being a Christian is all about hate, strife, and blame, you can count me out.
How can we, people as a whole, move towards being at peace with one another? It's quite easy actually.
All we have to do is accept one another. All we have to do is have compassion, a gift these imbeciles clearly don't posses.
As I was looking for a picture of one of these protesters to put on this post, I almost started crying.
How can mankind be so cruel to others? How can people hate whole groups of people that they know absolutely nothing about?
What do these protesters expect our country to do to protect ourselves if we don't have a strong military?
Stand by and watch as America is slowly destroyed? (By the way, these are the same ignorant people that went around saying President Obama was the anti-Christ. Yep, that's how ridiculous they are.)
Our soldiers fight and die so that we can have freedom of speech, and what do they use it for?
Spreading the message of hate. The protest the people who made it possible for them to protest in the first place. How's that for irony?
I feel so sorry for these people. I am so truly sorry that they have no emotions other than negativity.
They obviously have no lives, all they do is protest and sign petitions and sue people.
Honestly, I think they're too scared to accept the fact that the world has real problems. You can't exactly blame everything on people who are gay, lesbian, bi, etc.


Protester one: How're your crops doing this year Billy bob?
Protester two: Not too good, Joey...not too good.
Protester one: You know what? I betcha I know exactly what the problem is.
Protester two: What?
Protester one: It's them filthy gay's. There's so many of them these days..I'll tell you what, God's out to punish all of humanity for their evil ways.

There are a few things I love about my generation, and one of them is that people are becoming more and more open minded. If these people had a lick of sense, they would know how to research. You see, since the dawn of time there have been people who fell in love with people of the same gender.
Both the Greek and Roman Militia actually encouraged homosexuality among their troops. Why? Because a soldier was more likely to fight hard to see his lover again, than to fight for his country alone.
To me, the Christian God, (who is portrayed as a loving, kind, and caring God), would never hate people for loving who they love. People fall in love with other people.
It doesn't matter what skin color, it doesn't matter where you come from, it doesn't matter what your background is, and it certainly doesn't matter what your gender is. People fall in love.
I hope to see a future where people can marry whomever they choose. I hope to see a future where marriage is seen not only as a bond shared by a man and a woman, but by two people so madly in love that they fight prejudice in order to stay together. I want a future where people can love freely.
I swear, if I was president, I would be assassinated. That's what happens to people who want to change things.
I have a friend, not sure how I'm friends with him when he thinks this way, who believes that being gay is a conscious decision. I have one thing to say to him: Is falling in love a choice? Do you wake up in the morning and think to yourself, I know who I'll fall in love with today? Or does it just happen?
And that's how I'll close this post.
I want to thank anyone who actually made it all the way through this very lengthy post, and I want to thank all of my wonderfully open minded readers.

Peace, Love, and Kindness,
                                           S'Moores

3 comments :

  1. I love this. I'm a Christian, but that doesn't mean I hate. It means that I love. Your blog is beatiful! And so are your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you both!
    @Emma- That is exactly what I wish more people would understand. And thank you again for saying that! It made my day just that much better :)
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete