Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pieces from my school reports

I've decided to share with all of you, a few parts of a report I did for school.
I'd like to point out that I got an A+ on this. For those of you reading in other countries that don't use the same grading system, an A+ is really good. :) The reason I'm telling you what grade I got may seem a little weird. But trust me, when you read these, you'll understand why I thought it was necessary.

Here is an excerpt from an essay over dreaming and sleep. This particular part, was talking about discoveries in dreams.


Stephanie Meyer claims that the idea for Twilight came from a dream, but I think she must have been reading Anne Rice novels right before bed, because her idea wasn’t original at all. Thanks to her, there has been a huge downfall in young adult literature.
I’m not even kidding either. Anyone that has ever been to the YA section of a bookstore will have a hard time finding a novel that isn’t entirely vampire related.
That was off topic…oh well. 

This next part is from the same essay, talking about Hypnagogic Hallucinations. 

Auditory hallucinations are very common though. Once, I was falling asleep and it sounded just like someone whistled in my ear. It wasn’t like a melody, it was that whistle that you do when your dog Spot is taking a crap in the neighbor's yard and you want him to run back home like nothing ever happened. 

On the importance of sleep.

When you sleep, your body rests itself, and when you wake up in the morning, you feel refreshed. On the other hand, you wake up to the sound of an obnoxious alarm clock and immediately hate the world and everything in it. Because it’s five o’clock in the morning, and you have to go to work. Or, in my case…High school. 

My own personal favorite, talks about sleep deprivation and what it does to your immune system.

Sleep deprivation can even weaken your white blood cells, leaving you very vulnerable to Little Johnny’s sneezing germs. Not the tiny little sneezes, but the sneezes that make you thank the Lord that you weren’t standing within fifty feet of that kid as he shot that snot rocket right out of his nose. Yeah, that kind of sneeze is the kind of sneeze I’m referring to. 


No comments :

Post a Comment