Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Jam

The school year will officially be over for me in less than 24 hours. It couldn't possibly be over soon enough. 
I have a math exam tomorrow (that I'm scared to death over) and then it's done. Here I come Junior year :) 
I'll be so happy when high school is finally over. I'm ready to be in college and I'm ready to get out into the world. And by that, I mean traveling. I can't wait to be able to travel all over the world and do crazy things. I love experiencing new cultures and finding new favorite foods :) 

But this post, is about a few songs on my Spotify playlist and on my Ipod that helped me get through this school year. Let's get started :) 

For the first half of the year on long and smelly bus rides (A brief collection):
  • Let Me Go- CAKE
  • Colours- Grouplove
  • Blood- Middle East
  • Kiss with a Fist- Florence and the Machine
  • Song for the Rich- Tristan Prettyman (A particularly great song for rainy days)
  • Six Weeks- Of Monsters and Men
  • Christmas Lights- Coldplay
  • Helena Beat- Foster the People
 For singing at the top of my lungs when I'm by myself in my car: 
  • Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll- The Killers <3 
  • Superstition- Stevie Wonder (I love a lot of old stuff)
  • Spaceman- The Killers
  • Romeo and Juliet- The Killers version
  • Nobody Knows Me At All- The Weepies
  • When You Were Young- The Killers (My all time favorite song...for now)
For dancing around in my pj's/sweatpants when I'm too lazy for real clothes:
  • Just One Look- Doris Troy
  • 2 Atoms In a Molecule- Noah and the Whale <3
  • Pumpkin Soup- Kate Nash
  • Young Blood- The Naked and Famous
  • Little Talks- Of Monsters and Men
  • My Best Friend- Hello Saferide (For Paige) :)
  • Sara Smiles- Panic! at the Disco
  • Young Folks- Peter Bjorn and John
  • Love Blood- Sleeper Agent
  • Chelsea Dagger- The Fratellis 
  • Fluorescent Adolescence- Arctic Monkeys
  • Henrietta- The Fratellis    
Songs that inspire me when I write:
  • New Ceremony- Dry the River
  • I Will Follow You Into the Dark- Death Cab for Cutie
  • O Children- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • That's Some Dream- Good Old War
Peace, love, and a sticking C key, 
 Sara

2 comments :

  1. Happy end of year!
    I'm in school until 1st of June, but luckily I'm a step closer to college, too. Have a nice Summer
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Ah well, at least you're almost out for the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete