Thursday, August 4, 2011

Answering thoughtful questions

When I get bored I find random things on the Internet. Here's a list of questions that I decided to answer and post :) I really loved everyone of these questions, but there were fifty of them. So I'm only answering 26 of them right now. I'll put the other half on here later.
  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I'd be 19, in college and working on my psychology degree.
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying, because if you don't try, how will you ever know how a situation might have turned out?
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? I think a big part of that is because at certain times in our lives, we've all tried to fit in with the wrong people.
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Probably, people talk really big about what they're going to do and then do something completely different.
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? What an easy question! I would give everyone the gift of understanding others. You can't have peace without understanding why other people do what they do.
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Psychology :) A psychologist is someone that helps other people work through their problems so they can be happy again :)
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? This year, I'm doing everything I believe in.
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I wouldn't have a computer for one thing, or video games. So much of our lives are wasted by doing stuff like what I'm doing now. I would live pretty on the edge also and I wouldn't have any kids. If I had kids and knew I would die before I could see them grow up, what would be the point?
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I left my old group of friends who were awful to me and found new ones :)
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things. There's no right way to do much of anything is there?
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? This is a hard question because situations have happened like this before only I was the victim. No one came to my rescue did they? Which is why I would have to stand up for her.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Firstly, I don't think that a newborn would actually remember the advice to begin with, but assuming they would, I would tell them to live without limits and chase their dreams. That in itself is pretty much what everyone should do :)
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Depends on what they did. If they robbed a house and murdered someone for no reason, then no. If I believed that they were falsely accused then probably.
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Best question so far! I think that you have to be somewhat insane if you're creative anyway :) I usually see creativity now when I think something strange, but a few years ago, I thought I was losing it.
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Considering I have OCD and Anxiety, I do a few things a little differently, but all of that aside I'd say that I tend to get lost in deep thoughts more than most people. I question a lot of things.
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because we're all different people! When I get excited over seeing a shooting star or a new notebook, I don't expect everyone to have the same amount of enthusiasm.
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What's holding you back? Finishing a novel. That is my one biggest dream that still hasn't been completed. I'm my own worst enemy in that case. I keep telling myself that what I'm writing isn't up to other people's standards.
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Figuratively speaking, yes. I'm holding onto quite a few things that I should let go of.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Another great question! Australia :) Because it's another big dream I have and because I've always wanted to live there. My friends think I'm crazy for this (besides Dylan because he understands the way I think the best haha) but I think that it's crazy to stay in one place forever.
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Nope, I press it once then quickly hit the "close doors" button, if there's no one else in the elevator, I do a dance :)
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Worried genius, because simpletons don't think about the same sorts of things. I don't think I could ever let go of my crazy imagination haha
  22. Why are you, you? That, is a tough one. Why are any of us the way we are? I think that our personalities are shaped by both the events and people that we meet early on in our lives.
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Not as much as I should be.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a friend who lives close by. It's happened to me before, and I hope it never happens again. You have to dwell on your mistakes more than you'd like because you're faced with it every single day.
  25. What are you most grateful for? My parents without a doubt. They have raised both my brother and I to be pretty good kids, if I do say so myself :) We're the farthest thing from spoiled and don't expect anything to be handed to us. I'm closer to my mom than my dad, but I think that's because we're so much alike. Since we have similar personalities, we fight more than I'd like, but it never lasts very long and we always say we're sorry.
That's it for part one of the deep and thoughtful questions! :) I'm making a new page to store these sorts of things so that you don't have to scroll through such long posts!

~Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment