Friday, August 19, 2011

People who annoy me

Tonight I realized something. By now, if you've kept up with my blog all this time, you've realized something as well: I realize a lot of things. Anyways, tonight i found out that my tolerance for annoying people isn't very good.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty tolerant person, but when it comes down to people who are fake and just plain mean, I can't take it. We've all had to deal with them, those people that attach themselves to your particular group of friends and follow you everywhere. They make things really awkward don't they? Yep!
I also realized that girls in general annoy me, which is so funny because I am a girl! Haha.. I think I've had a tad too much caffeine..
It's not that all girls bother me, obviously. I have some really awesome girlfriends, but I'm talking about the stereotypical drama starters that go through boyfriends as fast as a woodchuck goes through wood. Like that saying? I just made it up. Ingenious right? Anyway, I had to "take a shift" with this girl that was hanging around us, but no one really liked. Now everyone knows that I'm anti-social. If you don't think that, then you've never seen me when I'm either by myself or with people I don't really know all that well. So when two other girls came up and noticed my lack of social skills, the first thing they said to me? Okay, wait a second. Let's back up to when they first walked up. Not only did these girls walk up and only say hello to the said annoying girl in question, they completely bypassed the fact that I was even there. Honestly, I could have cared less because I didn't really like either of them, but still. So what was the first thing they said to me?
"Why is she so quiet?" And actually, they said that to the annoying girl who I'll now call Aggie. I turned around and looked at them, smiled a little and said, "I just like being quiet."
And it's the truth! I really do like being quiet...sometimes. It gives me time to think. For instance, the whole time I was standing there, staring blankly at the football field, I was thinking about writing this very post.
Then they got back to talking about cheer leading and I tuned them out again. Until Paige walked up with cheese fries. That was good enough reason for me to pay attention again :)
Honestly, I don't understand why Aggie picked us. She was obviously only using us to get what she wanted which was to be able to go to the F-ball game. She was grounded under the condition that she could go places as long as a friend was with her. Don't ask me to explain, it's a really long story that would bore you to tears.
How many of us have to pretend to be someone we aren't just to deal with these people? I really wish that any of us had been brave enough to just say it like it is, but we weren't. What about you? How do you handle these types of situations?

~Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment