Friday, August 12, 2011

The bird

Mom's hand :)

Today in guitar class, I was flipped off a couple of times. Was I offended? No! Because the flippers in question didn't mean to flip anyone off. The song that they were playing doesn't use the middle finger which gives you two options. You could stick it straight up in the air and flip off the entire class, or you could do what I and most of the other students do and just put it on another string. Proof that musicians have a great sense of humor :)

We had to get up and play in front of everyone in the class and my hands were shaking so bad that I screwed up a few times :( I played Bad Moon Rising because I know it by heart. The bad thing about that song? It's really fast. Sure, I could have slowed it down considering my hands were trembling so bad, but that would have thrown off the beat! So I played fast, slipped on a few notes, but in the end everyone clapped :)
They also said I was the most improved out of everyone in the class which wasn't true. If you know me, you know that I'm a very quiet person and it takes me a while to get used to people. Since I'm like that, only Shelby had really heard me play. So actually, I had been able to play that song for months, but what they don't know won't kill them :)
The teacher should have called me out on not playing the chords like he taught us, but what he said was, "Great job, Sara. Excellent timing and good left hand." So needless to say, I felt pretty good about myself.
The only issue is that we have to show improvement next week. I'm not the fastest learner when it comes to guitar, so unless I sing, I'm not sure what I'll do.
Maybe one of these days, I'll be brave enough to sing in front of people, but today? Not happening.
Maybe I'll do a cover of a song and post it on here first just to get feedback :)

~Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment