Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why creativity is my favorite personality trait







My mom is very creative which must be where I get it from :)
I don't really know where creativity comes from. It's like a spark in your mind that goes off at any given time. Especially when it comes to story ideas. Anything can inspire me to write. A blade of grass growing next to a wall inspired the entire novel that I'm working on now. Looking out my window, I created my main character.
Photography is different. When I have a camera, I can't think of exactly what I want to take a picture of. Especially when I have my Pentax, an old film camera that my mom gave me.
I'll scan some of the prints and share them later :)
Photography is about eye catching events, while writing is about events unfolding in your mind's eye.
I happen to love quotes. Here are a few about creativity and writing that I really love:

The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself.’~ Alan Alda

Writing is like walking in a deserted street. Out of the dust in the street you make a mud pie
~John Le Carré

A consistently highly creative person is generally irresponsible.’

It makes me sad that not everyone is creative, but then again, that's what makes us human. We're all different :)

~ Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment