Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why I'm changing the name of my bucket list :)

My bucket list has mostly to do with Australia :) You may have noticed :)
The reason behind this is that one of my biggest dreams, is to one day move to Australia.
The more I learn about it, the more I'm positive that it's where I need to be.

Sure, I'm young and there's a million and one variables that will determine my future. But what are dreams?
They're the things that you hope for. The things you look forward to in life.
So what if my dreams are far fetched? All that means is that I have ambition.
I've grown up in a small town with plenty of great people, and don't get me wrong. It's a great place.
But I've always known that it's not the place for me to stay.

And sure, I'll come back and visit. But most likely, not that often.
Kimberlee says she wouldn't like living in a big city becuase of the crime rates, but bad things happen everywhere. When most bad things happen, it isn't because you're living in a big city. Bad things are mostly coincidences. They happen because you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I won't stay here because of the security of a small town, I'll leave so that I can achieve the dreams that I want more than anything.

We spend our whole lives dreaming, and not enough time living. So why aspire to do great things when you don't live in an enviroment to actually act on them?

I'm not saying small towns are bad at all. I loved growing up here. I just want to go out and experience the world for everything that it is. Sure, there will be a lot of bad, but that's the world for you. For every three bad things, there are five great things.

So I'm changing the title of my "bucket list" to my "dream list" :)

~Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment