Sunday, July 31, 2011

Inspiration



Today has been the best day of my summer and possibly the best day of my year. I met my favorite author, Maggie Stiefvater. She wrote my favorite book, Shiver.
Most of you by now know that my biggest dream is to be a published writer...with fans of course :) I was so happy to share this experience with mom especially, because we both discovered and read the books together from the very start :) Love you mom!
Lately, I haven't been writing as much as I used to because I haven't had any inspiration. Seeing her today and re-realizing that in order to keep chasing this dream, I'm going to have to REALLY work hard,  inspired me.
I've always known that it won't be easy, Paige has been my biggest motivator in my writing and I love her so much for that! Since I was a little girl I've been making up stories that, as I've grown, have improved as my style has. I don't know what my signature style is, I'm still working on it, but I'm working on an old story now that Paige liked :) In fact, her telling me in the car today that she wanted to know what happened in the story confirmed my decision to pick it back up again.  So thank you, Paige! For inspiring even more. I think I'll name a character after you one day :)
And thanks, Maggie for being an awesome role model!

No comments :

Post a Comment